Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blood Pressure

Well, I had a very eventful Dr. appointment on Friday. It went from being very routine...to a little scary!My blood pressure has been slowly creeping up, but was still within the normal range. When they took my blood pressure yesterday it was 140/104! They quickly took me (in a wheel chair) to the hospital to get some tests done. After being monitored for 2 1/2 hours, my pressure finally dropped. Since my blood tests came back OK, they didn't admit me. But, they have scheduled my induction for Monday at 7:00! I was glad not to be admitted on Friday because my parents were 2 hours away and Jesse was at work. But, they do have me on strict bed rest for the weekend. I have had such a wonderful pregnancy so far, so this caught me a little off guard! I can't believe that we get to meet our daughter on Tuesday! Although I have made some progress, I was starting to think I would be here waiting well passed my due date. There are lots of positives to being induced and knowing the date. My family has been able to switch their schedules and my sister Kara and her family will be here when the baby is born. So I am sitting here on the couch, trying not to go crazy! I don't know how those ladies that have to be on bed rest for months do it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan! Wow...it's amazing how similar my pregnancy was! At 35 weeks I was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia (high blood pressure, protein in urine, elevated liver/kidney enzymes)and was put on strict bed rest until they induced me at 38 weeks because my blood pressure was shooting up again! It was scary, but if you take the bed rest seriously, you'll be fine! Also, just thought you'd like to know that Aunt Cathy had severe preeclampsia with Mike, and after having him she had eclampsia (temporary coma, loss of sight, seizures, EXTREMELY high BP). AND Grandma Fisher had toxemia with your Dad and Aunt Cathy, which is similar to preeclampsia. I was told that it is something that can run in families, so it totally doesn't surprise me that you're on the verge of it...must be a "Fisher girl" thing!

    Anyway, good luck with your labor and delivery...I hope all goes smoothly! I will be praying for you and am excited to see pictures of the little one!!

    ~Lauren, Josh, and Hayden

    ReplyDelete